Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Karunavarsham Charitable Trust is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. Your privacy is important to us.
This notice provides you with information on how Karunavarsham Charitable Trust located at Reg No.IV/ 122/2013, MNRA 134, Mavelinagar, Changampuzha Nagar P.O. Cochin – 682033 (“we”) will process your personal data as (i) a (potential) donor; and (ii) a user of our website.
Which of your data we process
Website visitors: In the course of your visit of this website we will automatically collect the following information:
- the selected page on our website (URL);
- date and the time of your visit of this website;
- your IP address;
- name and version of your web browser;
- the website (URL) you have visited before you accessed this website; and
- certain cookies (see point 2 below).
Donors: We collect personal data in course of your donation from you directly (name, email address, mailing address, company name, contact details), when you provide us with your personal data by donation to Nanhi Kali.
There is no obligation to provide the data that we ask you for. However, if you do not provide your personal data, you will not be able to make use of all the functions of this website or donate.
This website uses so-called cookies. A cookie is a small file that may be installed on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are generally used to provide site visitors with additional functionality within the site. They may for example be created to keep track of your visit and support your navigation of the website, help you resume where you left off and/or remember your preferences and settings when you visit the website again. Cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on your computer.
Most of the cookies used on this website are so-called session cookies. They are automatically deleted once you leave the website. On the other hand, persistent cookies remain on your computer until you delete them in your browser. We use persistent cookies to recognize you when you visit this website the next time.
If you want to control the cookies installed on your computer, you can modify your browser settings so that it notifies you when a website wants to install a cookie or you can block cookies altogether. You can also delete cookies that have already been installed on your computer. Refer to the ‘Help’ function within your browser for more information on how to do these things.
Please note, however, that disabling cookies might affect your online experience and/or prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Purposes for which we process your data
We will process your personal data set out in point 1 for the following purposes:
- to make this website and its services available to you;
- to create website usage statistics;
- to be able to recognize, prevent and investigate attacks of this website;
- to communicate with you;
- to confirm incoming donations;
- to provide you with relevant information regarding our program (e.g., newsletters);
- to ensure that your donation is used for the support of Nanhi Kali.
- to comply with obligations to public authorities
Legal basis of the processing
We can only use your personal data if we have a legal basis for doing so. We only use your personal data based on the following legal bases:
- Our prevailing legitimate interests to achieve the purposes set out above;
- The necessity for the performance of the contract we have concluded with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into such an agreement; or
- The necessity to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
Transfer of your personal data
As far as this is necessary for the purpose set out above, we will transfer your personal data to the following recipients:• Public authorities (e.g., tax authorities)
We will retain your personal data for as long as we reasonably consider it necessary for achieving the purposes set out under Point 1 above and as is permissible under applicable law. We will, in any case, retain your personal data for as long as there are statutory retention obligations or potential legal claims are not yet time-barred.
Your rights in connection with your personal data
Under applicable law, you have, among others, the rights (under the conditions set out in applicable law):
- to check whether and what kind of personal data we hold about you and to request copies of such data,
- to request correction, supplementation or deletion of your personal data that is inaccurate or processed in non-compliance with applicable requirements,
- to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data,
- in certain circumstances, to object for legitimate reasons to the processing of your personal data or to revoke consent previously granted for the processing where such revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the processing until the revocation, to request data portability,
- to know the identities of third parties to which your personal data are transferred, and
- to lodge a complaint with the competent authority.
Our contact details
Please address your requests or questions concerning the processing of your personal data to:
Karunavarsham Charitable Trust
Reg No.IV/ 122/2013,
MNRA 134, Mavelinagar,
Changampuzha Nagar P.O.
Cochin – 682033